MTNS MADE have teamed up with Creative Plus Business Group to bring you a fun and practical workshop that goes through the basic elements of communicating with others, including the management of difficult negotiations and how to work towards a “win-win” scenario with tricky clients and challenging situations.
How do you say no? Negotiation and communication are vital parts of running any business, but many creatives have never learned the basics. Managing conflict in particular can be very scary indeed!
The Comms for Creatives workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.
When: Saturday 17th August
Time: 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Where: Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub
106-108 Macquarie Road
Springwood, NSW 2777
Click here for more info and to book your ticket at a subsidised fee of only $25. Plus booking fee.
About the Presenter
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
For creative practitioners from students and grads to freelancers and professionals.
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The basic elements of effective communication, especially in business;
- Useful tips when managing clients and customers;
- Managing negotiations, and how to think “win-win”;
- How to say NO without freaking out too much;
- Mapping conflict to reach the best resolutions;
- Practical application of these strategies, and more resources for mediation.
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- A workbook stuffed full of extra resources and exercises in both printed and PDF form;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Communications dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a website full of additional free resources.
Who should enrol? This workshop is ideal for anyone working in the arts, from recent graduates to freelancers and more. If you find it hard to say NO, this workshop is for you! It’s also relevant no matter what your profession – filmmakers, writers, designers, visual artists, musicians, composers, dancers, performers – everyone can benefit from some help with their communication and negotiation.